Wendy Fuja


Located in Houston, Texas



***I have suspended taking new cake orders. All orders that are already finalized will be honored. I apologize for the inconvenience.***

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jake and the Neverland Pirates Cake




My son turned four this summer and he knew exactly what he wanted, a Jake and the Neverland Pirates birthday party.  He wanted Bucky, the pirate ship as his cake, so I said sure! There could have been a lot more details to the cake but since I was also trying to plan a party at the same time I kept it simple. He LOVED it, and the look on his face when I told him we could finally cut into, well that made it all worth it.

Chocolate fondant, chocolate cake with ganache filling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there plz can you help me. Im making a pirate ship for a birthday but they want a fruit cake. Do you think is it possible to do that with fruit cake?

Cake Impressions by Wendy said...

Sorry I never replied, somehow I didn't see this comment. I have never worked with fruit cake, but from what I understand it is a denser cake and should work fine. Just make sure whatever you use before the fondant (either buttercream or marzipan) is smooth before you fondant over it. While I didn't support any of the layers in mine (there was only one small strip that had three layers) if the fruit cake is heavy enough that it will crush the bottom layers, you'll want to add internal supports.